Positive Psychology Training
Positive Psychology at Work
Flourishing people make for flourishing organisations. Positive psychology – as the study of optimal functioning – applies the knowledge and tools to help people and organisations flourish. Key to this is the strengths-based approach. People who have opportunities to use their strengths at work perform better, are more productive, engaged and enjoy higher quality of life. There’s a virtuous relationship too. Higher performance leads to greater success which, in turn, leads to greater happiness but not only does success breed happiness but happiness breeds success. Here is one reason alone to invest in the well-being of your workforce. For organisational leaders the skills of optimistic thinking are a must. The more optimistic you are, the more you inspire confidence in the people you work with and give them the direction they need. Positive psychology is also about resilience in the workplace – how to deal with downturns, bounce back from difficult times and not just survive but thrive.
Positive Psychology at Work is a flexible 1-2 day programme, drawing on the core elements that are relevant to you, your work and your organisation. You will discover how to increase and enhance your individual and team performance, energy and engagement by integrating positive psychology strategies into your professional practice.
- Introduction to positive psychology and its application to the workplace
- Building psychological capital & well-being at work
- The strengths approach to the workplace
- Learning optimism & challenging pessimism
- Developing positivity and a positive team culture
- Creating positive meaning and engagement in work
- Appreciative Inquiry – positive change management
- Building and maintaining positive work relationships
The programme is available in-house to organisations and is tailored to reflect individual needs.
“I enjoyed your training last week, a very good overview of the field, delivered in an upbeat style.”
Positive Psychology at Work: Enhancing Performance with Positive Psychology. You may be interested in this 1-day open course that I run with Hemsley Fraser at their London HQ. Dates for 2013. 2nd Sept, 15th Nov.
Flourishing people make for flourishing organisations. Positive psychology builds motivation, psychological capital, resilience and well-being– all ingredients of a high-performing organisation.
This 1-day course provides an introduction and overview of positive psychology, the science of optimal functioning and its application in the workplace. It will equip you with knowledge to build a positive organisation and provide you with tools you can use for yourself and with your co-workers. You will discover how to increase and enhance performance, energy and engagement by integrating positive psychology into your professional practice.
Is it right for me? Suitable for managers, consultants and HR professionals interested in using the practical application of positive psychology to build motivation, well-being and a positive, strengths-based workplace.
Pre Course Activity: You will need to take a strengths test ahead of the course and bring your top 5 results to the training. The preferred choice is the VIA-IS which takes c30 minutes to complete (available free-of-charge from www.viame.org). Alternatively Realise 2 or StrengthsFinder.
What will I learn? By the end of this course you will:
- Understand key models in the science of flourishing
- Apply the strengths approach
- Appreciate the benefits of positivity for performance
- Use optimistic thinking strategies to build resilience
- Know how to enhance motivation & meaning at work
“I was really looking forward to this session and I was not disappointed. It was a great (and positive) experience and learning opportunity… Miriam was a great trainer with a wealth of knowledge and positivity. Will take a lot away.”
More Positive Psychology Courses:
- PERMAnent Well-being
- Positive Leadership Masterclass
- Positive Psychology at Work
- Positive Psychology for Health & Social Care Practitioners
- Positive Psychology for Mental Health: Well-being Workshop
- Positive Psychology Masterclass: Part 1 & Part 2
- Positive Psychology Online
- Resilience for the Recession
- The Happiness Habits
- The Happiness Zones
- The Positive Work Life Programme
- Wellness Coaching